- Minimum Age: 14
- Course Duration: Minimum of 21 Guided Learning Hours
- Course Prerequisites: None
- Who is it for: This course is open to anyone who is interested in officiating 11 a side or 9 v 9 football.
- Course aims and objectives: The BRC provides participants with an insight to the laws of the game and their practical application on the field of play. It also looks at the skills required to be a referee.
- Leading to: Registered Referee Status (either level 8 Youth Referee or Level 7 Junior County Referee)
The course consists of 5 clear modules with the following elements
Modules 1-4 - Theory/Practical Delivery:
- The Key skills required to be a football referee
- Theoretical information of the 17 laws of the game
- Practical work covering implementation of the laws
- The art of Positioning and movement
- Management strategies and ideas on effective decision-making
- Officiating 6 games of football
- Effective reporting misconduct
- Assessment Of Knowledge
Module 5 - Assessment of Experiences:
- Reviewing and receiving Feedback
- Managing expectations
PLEASE NOTE: The dates indicated on the course booking cover only the first 3 Modules of learning. Module 4 requires the candidate to track the practical implementation of their lessons in a match environment, and Module 5, the Final Assessment, can only be completed once that has been evidenced.
Either the Safeguarding Football on line learning resource or, where applicable, the workshop will be completed. A DBS check will be instigated during the course, where applicable.
Practical Involvement: Candidates are encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning. (This however will not prevent successful completion of the award)
Assessment: Assessment is via successful completing the Assessment of Knowledge (theory & practical) in module 4.
Suggested additional learning opportunities:
- FA Mini Football Referees Course
- Small Sided referee Course
- Futsal Referee Course
- Referee Mentoring Workshop