EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
The FA and Lincolnshire FA are here to ensure everyone who is involved in football, whether as participants, team members, volunteers, coaches, referees, office-bearers or those within the County Football Association, are able to, with fairness and respect, have a great experience and be involved in football – regardless of gender, sexuality, ethnicity, ability or disability, faith or age.
Lincolnshire FA will ensure that everybody:
• has an equal opportunity to participate to the full extent of their own ambitions and abilities, without regard to their age, sex, gender identity, disability, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, religion, race or ethnicity or sexual orientation; and
• can be assured of an environment in which their rights, dignity and individual worth are respected, and in particular that they are able to enjoy football without the threat of discrimination, intimidation, victimisation, harassment or abuse.
Both The FA and the County FAs are working to ensure everyone has the opportunity to be part of the game.
We will all work together on our inclusion priorities over the coming years. These are underpinned by three principles of change:
• Ensuring governance and leadership is diverse and modern
• Removing any obstacles to access and progression in coaching, talent development or personal development pathways
• Enshrining equality, diversity and inclusion in our day-to-day operations
In order to make a difference, The FA is running and supporting leadership programmes for women, BAME and young people and will adhere to the Government’s code for governance in sport. We will also examine pathways and promote inclusion and access for coaches, welfare officers, club officials, league officials, players, coaches and tutors. We will challenge ourselves with measurable targets that deliver on diversity and inclusion outcomes. We will also work with a variety of stakeholders on topics such as mental health and LGBT to ensure that people feel safe and included in football.
please click here to download Lincolnshire FA's Equality Policy
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE FA’S INCLUSION AND ANTI-DISCRIMINATION WORK HERE
Foundation Level of the Equality Standard for Sport
In August 2021 Lincolnshire FA was successful in gaining the Foundation Level of the Equality Standard for Sport from The FA.
The National Standard for Equality is a nationally-recognised framework that assists County Football Associations with embedding equality at the highest level of their organisation, and communicating and sharing that commitment with its staff and partners.
To read this story in full, please CLICK HERE