Get into Refereeing
Make a difference to the game
Reasons to Referee
Thinking of becoming a referee? Well there's never been a better time to pick up the whistle in Lincolnshire.
- Play a huge role in ensuring the players enjoy their match day experience
- Remain active following injury or retirement
- Make new and lasting friends
- Earn money whilst enjoying the game you love
- Opportunities to progress
comments from our referees
• “Excellent for social wellbeing and fitness.”
• “It is a great way to learn new skills, meet people and build confidence.”
• “I would recommend becoming a referee, it is good for fitness, it supports the community and builds confidence for young people.”
• “The referee community welcomes and fully support anyone who enjoys football.”
• “Improved confidence, enjoyed the games and gain a continued level of fitness.”
• “To stay involved with football after playing and give something back to football.”
• “Fun, fitness and create friends. You also get opportunities to gain new experiences and referee in different locations.”
The FA Basic Referee Course
In order to become a qualified referee, you will need to take part in a FA Basic Referee Course.
The course will provide you with an introduction to the 'Laws of the Game' as well as developing the practical skills required to be a football referee.
Once completed, you will be registered as a Lincolnshire FA referee and will have obtained a qualification recognised throughout the country.
What you require prior to booking a FA Referee course.
To book onto a FA Referee course you must hold/complete the following and shown then on your FAN.
1. Online laws of the game – https://falearning.thefa.com/course/view.php?id=1804
2. Safeguarding children qualification (16+) - https://thebootroom.thefa.com/learning/qualifications/fa-safeguarding-children-workshop
Safeguarding for All (14 &15 years old) – https://falearning.thefa.com/course/view.php?id=1774
Further guidance on 14 & 15 year olds completing pre-requests and booking the course. - https://help.thefa.com/support/solutions/7000014796
3. In date FA DBS – For guidance on how to complete your Referee FA DBS, CLICK HERE
To further details on the course content and upcoming available dates visit https://www.lincolnshirefa.com/referees/development-and-courses/the-fa-referees-course
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
To register your interest in a course or outline any issues/ barriers preventing you from becoming a referee, use the form below.