FA Referee Progression Pathway 2022/23
Lincolnshire FA are delighted to share details of the FA Progression Pathway and confirm that the application process is NOW OPEN!
As you will see, the newly modernised FA Referee Progression Pathway will create more progression opportunities for referees across the grassroots game (Levels 5, 6, 7 & Youth Referees). The priorities of this change will focus on:
• Giving referees greater control over their own progression
• Providing a route for expedited progression for those able to commit to more games
• Instilling a developmental philosophy into grassroots refereeing
• Motivating and incentivising refereeing through structural change
• Removing some of the key barriers to progress
The new methodology will replace the annual promotion process based on formal assessments, with progression based on:
• Number of appointments
• Completion of free online referee development modules
• Support and advice from Match Day Coaches, not Observers
• Successful completion of a Laws of the Game exam
• Attendance at face-to-face mandatory training (Level 6-5 only)
Please see below a document giving a full overview of the newly updated FA Progression Pathway.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
Furthermore, please also find detailed below specific information for each of the promotion levels providing exact information on what is required:
Youth Referees – Y1 & Y2 (PDF)
Level 7-6 (PDF)
Level 6-5 (PDF)
Level 5-4 (PDF)
4W – 3W (Female Referee Pathway) (PDF)
In order to submit an application for one of the above progression pathways, please use the following link, Level 5-4 applications must be received by 1st September 2022.
For those candidates applying for Level 5-4 we will confirm the dates of the mock FA fitness test.
We look forward to supporting those of you who wish to apply.
Get in touch
Referee Development Manager