Lincolnshire FA are delighted to share details of the FA Progression Pathway and confirm that the application process for 2023/24 is NOW OPEN!
The FA Referee Progression Pathway will create more progression opportunities for referees across the grassroots game (Levels 5, 6, 7 & Youth Referees). The priorities of this change will focus on:
• Giving referees greater control over their own progression
• Providing a route for expedited progression for those able to commit to more games
• Instilling a developmental philosophy into grassroots refereeing
• Motivating and incentivising refereeing through structural change
• Removing some of the key barriers to progress
The methodology has replaced the annual promotion process based on formal assessments, with progression based on:
• Number of appointments
• Completion of free online referee development modules
• Support and advice from Match Day Coaches, not Observers
• Successful completion of a Laws of the Game exam
• Attendance at face-to-face mandatory training (Level 6-5 only)
Please also find detailed below specific information for each of the promotion levels providing exact information on what is required:
Youth Referees – Y1 & Y2 (PDF)
Level 7-6 (PDF)
Level 6-5 (PDF)
Level 5-4 (PDF)
4W – 3W (Female Referee Pathway) (PDF)
In order to submit an application for one of the above progression pathways, please use the following link, Level 5-4 applications must be received by 1st September 2023.
For those candidates applying for Level 5-4 we will confirm the dates of the Lincolnshire FA fitness test in due course.
We look forward to supporting those of you who wish to apply.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY