Safeguarding in Open Age Football
Lincolnshire FA are committed to implementing safeguarding throughout all areas of football.
We are taking proactive steps to ensure that safeguarding requirements and training are in place within Open Age Football in preparation for the 2022/23 season.
If you are an open age club/team with 16- & 17-year-olds involved in your squads, or the potential of having them involved in your squads, then there will be requirements that you will have to meet to ensure that your affiliation is not affected for the 22/23 season.
Here is what you will need to do:
• Adopt and adapt the policy template - Safeguarding for Clubs with 16- & 17-Year-Old Players.
• Complete FA DBS checks for all coaches and managers attached to the team - please click here
• Encourage the same managers and coaches to complete the free online training module - Safeguarding For All.
• Provide all your 16- & 17-year-old players with the FA guidance - Know Your Rights.
• Where possible, recruit a club welfare officer to oversee the safeguarding within your club. Please contact Sarah Pridmore for further information.
• Host your new safeguarding policy and Know Your Rights document on your club’s website and social media.
If you would like to discuss any of the information, then please do not hesitate to contact our designated safeguarding officer, Sarah Pridmore, on 07973666778 or firstname.lastname@example.org